At Peace

My Lifetime Stories in blog

Friday, May 07, 2010

ZZZzzzZ


I like to sleep. That is no secret to my family, my wife, my nurses, my team or my classmates. Some consider it a privilege, but when you nearly die because you are too easily sleeping (while driving), you'd be thinking twice before saying such thing.
sleeping


Nevertheless, interestingly i found this quranic ayat and a hadith from the prophet about 'sleeping'. I know people would say that sleeping does not solve the problems. I found when i woke up from sleep, it is as if a whole new life for me. I am not as stressed, and certainly can think more clearly. Who knows, Allah would help the person like the hadith of the missing animal?

Narrated Al-Harith bin Suwaid: Ibn Mas'ud narrated from Rasulullah that he said:

Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave than a man who encamps at a place where his life is jeopardized, but he has his riding animal carrying his food and water. He then rests his head and sleeps for a short while and wakes to find his riding animal gone. (He starts looking for it) and suffers from severe heat and thirst or what Allah wished (him to suffer from). He then says, "I will go back to my place." He returns and sleeps again, and then (getting up), he raises his head to find his riding animal standing beside him. (Bukhari)

(Remember) when He covered you with slumber as a security from Him, and He caused rain to descend on you from the sky, to clean you thereby and to remove from you the Rijz (whispering, evil suggestions) of Satan, and to strengthen your hearts, and make your feet firm thereby. (Surah Al-Anfal: 11)

This ayat from surah Al-Anfal described the believers during the battle of badar. The feeling of slumber and descending rain from the sky were described as something that give a sense of security.

Happy sleeping.
@Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home