At Peace

My Lifetime Stories in blog

Friday, August 21, 2009

Taubat

I misplaced my wife’s laptop one day in a taxi, and of course it was not intentional. It was already 11pm that night. The entire PhD work was in there. If I failed to recover it, it means that my wife has to start from the beginning all the chapters that she has written, that does not include the reinventing the coding for her statistical data. And of course if won’t stop there, academically only. There would be the whole emotional and psychological repercussion.

I spent many hours that night looking for the taxi man. I don’t have the taxi number and it was dark, so i was not quite sure what type of van was it. One thing i knew, he lived in Lucan, and he sounds really nice, and i knew his surname – Boyle (it was similar to Susan Boyle, that was how i remember it). That was what i could hope for, that the taxi driver was really nice to return it back.
I went to the airport where i picked up the taxi. I actually felt ‘alive’. I was never that active for the many years i have been here in Ireland. I talked to every single taxi driver that drives a van, in case he knew the man i was looking for. I searched the internet for help. I got few numbers which i could call that might help me, but it was 12 midnight. Nobody works at 12 midnight. I called about 7 different taxi companies, in case they could tract their taxi drivers, whether one of them might be in the airport between 11-12 pm – even though most of them were really helpful, but it was not successful.

It was all unsure until my mother in-law called me from home when i was at the airport. She said that somebody came by to drop the laptop. I was relieved. No, I was really grateful, really happy. At the very least, I don’t have to burden myself with guilt if anything happen to my wife’s work. It felt like you were given second chance.

I am sure we have all at least experience that kind of moment, when you feel like that was it, you have no hope and it is the end of the line. We lost something, and we found it. The happiness was indescribable. It is a different kind of happiness. It is more satisfying than the feeling of accomplishment and when we buy something new. We were off the track and we are back.
If we are pleased to receive the things that we have lost, then behold that Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His slave.

Harith b. Suwaid said: I went to see 'Abdullah to inquire about his health as he was sick and he narrated to us a hadith of Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him). He heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His believing servant than a person who loses his riding beast carrying food and drink. He sleeps (being disappointed of its recovery) and then gets up and goes in search for that, until he is stricken with thirst. Then he comes back to the place where he had been before and goes to sleep completely exhausted placing his head upon his hands waiting for death. And when he gets up, lot there is before him his riding beast and his provisions of food and drink. Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His servant than the recovery of this riding beast along with the provisions (of food and drink). (Muslim 37:6613).
I wrote this a reminder for myself that no matter how big my sins toward Allah are, the door of repentance is always open.

Say: O My Slaves who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the mercy of Allah, verily Allah forgives all sins. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (Quran 39:53)

@Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home