At Peace

My Lifetime Stories in blog

Friday, August 28, 2009

The first person to be indicted in resurrection day

While looking for ideas and articles to include for Ramadhan reminder, I stumbled upon this in-your-face hadith. The intention is so difficult to control. Let's say that we buy a new Audi A4 2009 version. How difficult it is to control our intention not to feel proud of our 'achievement'. If we bought the car because we like Audi and we know that they make good cars, and we want to use the car to do something good like going to work and help other people, that that intention is ok. But how frequent would we have flashing thought of 'I am a Registrar now, so I need to have a better car. I can't be like SHO anymore.' or 'Hopefully somebody will comment something about my new car - it is sooo nice of a car!!'.

May Allah accept our deeds - receiving knowledge and hopefully giving them back.

Rasulullah said:

Indeed, the first people who will be found guilty on Resurrection Day are:

1. A man who was martyred. He will be bought forth, and Allah will remind him of His favours on him, which he will acknowledge. Allah will then ask him, "In what way, then , did you use them?" He will reply, "I fought for Your Cause until I was martyred." Allah will tell him, "You lie! You only fought so that it would be said that you were brave, which has been said." The command will then be issued and he will be dragged over his face until he is thrown into the fire.

2. A man who learned the Knowledge and thought it and recited the Quran. He will be bought forth, and Allah will remind him of His favours on him, which he will acknowledge. Allah will then ask him, "In what way, then , did you use them?" He will reply, "I learned the Knowledge and taught it and recited the Quran for Your sake."." Allah will tell him, "You lie! You only learned the Knowledge so that it would be said that you were a learned man, and you recited the Quran so that it would be said that you were a recitor, which has been said." The command will then be issued and he will be dragged over his face until he is thrown into the fire.

3. A man whom Allah gave an easy life and granted all sorts of riches. He will be bought forth, and Allah will remind him of His favours on him, which he will acknowledge. Allah will then ask him, "In what way, then , did you use them?" He will reply, "I left no way in which You love that money be spent but I spent it for Your sake ." Allah will tell him, "You lie! You only spent so that it would be said that you were generous, which has been said." The command will then be issued and he will be dragged over his face until he is thrown into the fire.

(Hadith Muslim)

Those people are muslims, yet they were the first to be found guilty on Resurrection Day. Let us reflect on ourselves... did we buy the car so that people will say- your car is really classy, I wish I could be like you. Did we but branded names for our clothes and shoes so we can join the 'branded' group. Did I write these Ramadhan reminder so people will say that I am knowledgeable?

Ya Muqallibal Qulub, thabbit qalbi 'ala deenak
O Controller of the hearts, make firm my heart in your religion.

@Peace.

(I don't have Audi A4.... yet).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home